Saturday, March 1, 2008

Quick Pix - Dinner with the Maeda Girls

Monday and Tuesday Jill and I took it pretty easy, although on Monday night, Kaori was kind enough to invite Jillian and I over for dinner. She wanted me to meet her sisters, and it was also kind of a mini-goodbye party.

Rumi, (Youngest) Kaori, (Eldest) Tomomi (Second-born) and Jillian.

The girls made Takoyaki, which is nearly as fun to make as it is to eat! Normally it's kind of a fair food, and one time at Evergreen, Kaori had a Takoyaki party at Jillian's. It's a really fun sort of group thing to do. Our Takoyaki had varying ingredients including mochi, cheese, octopus, sausage, green peppers and potato. Tasty tasty.


Tomomi, Jillian, me, and Rumi

The Maeda family is really sweet, and I'm really glad that I finally got to meet Kaori's sisters! Rumi and Tomomi are both studying to be nurses, and also work part time. Busy busy.


Wait, this is completely unrelated! There's Jill on the right, Hirase-Sensei in the middle, and whose shirt is that on the left? Could it be...? (This poorly-taken picture was the result of my camera's batteries dying at a critical moment. This is at one of our Wednesday day lunches with Hirase-Sensei. Present are Max, Charlie, Hirase-Sensei, Jill, Kaori, and me. We just... can't see them all.

Whew! Almost through with the posts! Just a little bit more...


No comments: